Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 2 Blog 2

I'll use easel.ly lots.
I think the first way I'll use it is to do what I did today. For students to get used to the app, I'll have them select a template and create a fun and made up story or infographic with that.
This is me modeling what I would like them to do.

Hipster How To



Things to note.
If you update/make changes and save them, then your link will go to the new updated piece.
I can't get it to embed (probably b/c I have it set to private).
Some of my best friends are hipsters. I love them. All teasing is in good fun. Seriously, all of the people images you are given as choice are silhouettes except for this dude. I thought it was too funny not to go there.

I'm trying to create my own, but using a template helped me learn some of the ins and outs of the website. I'll post my own when I feel like it's understandable. First I was going for a mindmap a la Creative Confidence. I like that it helped me "gain some clarity" (212), but it ended up being just too wonky for this program (and for my brain). Just how much information should I put on this? What is the intent? I don't want it to be something that I could just put on a handout, but it seems like that's what might happen.

I'm starting fresh. We'll see what happens. Actually, that might be my next blog post. I'll save (and share) my first disaster...then fix it. These things take a long time to make.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that so many of easel.ly's templates are narrative in nature/structure.

    Also. Your example. Hilarious. Accurate.

    (Buying suspenders tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete