Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 1 Blog 2 and Artifact 1

Week 1
Post 2
I did this really quickly on google docs, but I found another cool tool that I tried out. It just didn't fit this assignment as well as it could.  "Kids" is caps and bold because they're good at getting their needs met right now. "Manipulated" is softer. They don't overtly manipulate me, but they are just so dang cute and squishy. "Me" is smaller because I kind of feel that way lately. "I let them" is a small whispery kind of end note because I feel like it's a secret (at least it was).




Here is the other one I did. It's animated, but I can't send the link to anyone because I used the old web version. The app is way cooler (I'm certain). http://www.storyabout.net/typedrawing/
This is my first artifact. While the app is certainly cooler, (because drawing with your finger is easier than drawing with a trackpad) I feel as though the web version will work for students too. That's the biggest issue with apps that cost money in general (I think)...equity. All of my students have access (at least at school). If purchasing an app is involved, then equity becomes an issue. 
When would I use this artifact?
I could use it when writing concrete poems (if I had my students write this kind of poem).
I would be more apt to use it when teaching imagery or diction. 
I will use it when I ask my students to write their own 6 word memoirs (or truths). 
I would ask students to manipulate the words so they represent something concrete (or abstract for that matter).





I used my MacBook to make a screen recording in quicktime and uploaded it to my blog. It's the first time I've ever done this (yay me!) I figured out that video is way easier to upload to blogger than audio. Actually, is there an easy way to upload audio to blogger?


No comments:

Post a Comment